December 11, 2019
April 25, 2023
The Government of Yukon Style Guide helps government staff provide information that meets the public's needs by being clear, accessible and consistent. We refer to this way of writing as our tone of voice.
The style guide is for all government writing, from print to digital.
How to find what you're looking for
- explore the style guide online using the menu; or
- download the PDF version.
Both versions are the same.
What we base our writing style on
We base our style on existing reference books as much as possible. If you cannot find what you need, take a look at these books or websites:
- Canadian Oxford Dictionary
- The Government of Canada's Writing Tips Plus
- The Canadian Press Stylebook
- The Canadian Press Caps and Spelling
The main things you need to know
Find out about the main things you need to know about our government writing style.
What's new in the style guide
Find out what we've added or changed and why.