Why use this pattern?
If your service is in public beta or live, you must have a reference page hosted on Yukon.ca.
Do not use a domain name other than Yukon.ca.
The Yukon.ca reference page will have a link to the start page of your service.
How it works
Start pages include 6 main elements:
- The service name. A good service name helps people understand what your service does and whether they need to use it.
- A quick overview of what users can (and sometimes cannot) do with the service.
- A short introduction that lists things most users will need to know before they start. For example, how much it will cost or what identification they need to complete the transaction.
- A call-to-action button. For example, 'Start a payment' or 'Start a class 1 notice.'
- A list of other ways to access your service.
- A data collection notice.
View a good example of a start page.