March 4, 2020
July 23, 2021
Report a bug or request an improvement to Government of Yukon services and websites by following this guidance.
Report a bug
A bug could be a page that displays oddly or an error you encounter.
- Describe the bug so we can replicate it and find a solution. Include the following details in your email report.
- A clear and specific email subject title. Avoid a generic subject like "website error."
- The web browser you were using when the bug appeared.
- An explanation of what you were trying to do and what happened.
- The page URL or link where the error appeared.
- A screenshot with the bug displayed.
- Submit your bug report. Email email@example.com for Yukon.ca bugs. For all other services and websites, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request an improvement
Government of Yukon staff can request improvements to services and websites. For example, you might have an idea to improve how a website looks or works.
- Describe your idea for an improvement. Include the following details in your email.
- A clear and specific email subject title. Avoid a generic subject like "website change."
- Who the proposed change would affect and why. For example, government staff or the public.
- What needs to change and why. Focus on the user need.
- How big is the problem? Does it stop you from publishing?
- If the change isn't made:
- What are the consequences for users?
- How many users are affected?
- Evidence to support making the change. This could be inquiry desk feedback, service or website feedback form submissions, user research or policy change.
- A deadline for the change and why.
- Submit your request for an improvement. Email email@example.com for Yukon.ca and firstname.lastname@example.org for all other services and websites.
After you request an improvement
- We'll respond to you to confirm we've received your request.
- We'll review and assess your suggestion to confirm it:
- supports good practices;
- meets the needs of the majority of staff using the product;
- meets the needs of general users; and
- can fit within the work on our product roadmap.
- We'll contact you and prioritize your request. We plan improvements to the eServices Platform on a quarterly basis. This means:
- we'll tackle minor changes as they come in. Minor changes are things our team can complete in 20 minutes or less;
- if the change is more complex, we'll add it to our product backlog.