- Less formal communication.
- Starting a conversation with the public, or sharing ideas and what you’re learning.
- Creating communities of interest.
- Replacing your public-facing newsletter.
- Describing your program area’s current and future work.
Do not use for
- Duplicating information already on Yukon.ca.
- Publishing content that should be published on Yukon.ca. This includes news releases, citizen engagement, legislation, emergency or other essential information about the government’s programs and services.
A blog cannot duplicate content currently on Yukon.ca and needs to be updated regularly. The blog owner is responsible for maintaining and updating the blog.
To give users another way to engage with the government. A blog is a less formal way for government staff to talk about their work, engage with the public and create communities of interest.
View a good example of a government blog.